Cold Poached Salmon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place leeks in stock and bring to boil. Remove leeks.
- Add salmon and place place butter pats on top so foil does not stick to fish (salmon should be ¾ of the way immersed in stock). Cover with foil and bake until fish is opaque, about 20 minutes.
- Chill overnight and serve with Sauce Gribiche, Dill Cream, and steamed asparagus.
- Cook eggs in boiling water for 8–10 minutes. Remove from water and let cool.
- Once cool, peel eggs and extract yolks. In medium-sized bowl, mash yolks with mustard until smooth.
- Drizzle in oil slowly, mashing with fork, then add vinegar.
- Chop egg whites and cornichons separately into fine cubes the size of capers. Stir whites, cornichons, and capers into yolk vinaigrette. Stir in herbs and add salt and pepper. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper, and vinegar if needed. Serve at room temperature.
- Place all ingredients except heavy cream into food processor.
- Process and then slowly add cream through feeder spout until smooth.