6–8 jalapeños, sliced, with minimal seeds
Fresh dill, stems removed (about 8 ounces with stems)
Fresh cilantro, stems removed (about 4 ounces with stems)
12 ounces Worchestershire
12 ounces olive brine
12 ounces fresh lemon juice
5 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons ground toasted cumin seed
60 cracks black pepper
5 cans tomato juice
Smoked tomato water*
Texas Kicker hot sauce (or
Alcohol of choice (vodka, mezcal, aquavit, white whiskey, etc.)
- Blend first 9 ingredients together in a blender on high for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato juice and combine. Add smoked tomato water.
- Season to taste with hot sauce.
- To make 1 Bloody Mary, mix 1 shot of preferred spirit (1½ ounces) with about 6 ounces of mix, or to taste.
*To make smoked tomato water, you can smoke tomatoes in a smoker or on a grill.
On a grill
- Heat a charcoal grill and add preferred type of presoaked wood chips to hot coals.
- Place 12 cored tomatoes on grill and smoke for 1–2 hours, until slightly brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Blend until smooth to make wate
- From bartender Steven Robbins of Contigo in Austin, Texas