Juice from ½ lemon
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ cups creamed greens
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs with hot sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add greens and cook until tender. Add eggs and cheese and reduce heat to medium-low. With a rubber spatula, slowly stir egg mixture. The eggs will begin to cook. At this point it is crucial not to touch the bottom of the pan with the spatula–this will help caramelize the bottom and is the difference between the technique for an omelette and a frittata. Move toward the center as eggs begin to cook, pulling outer edges into center and lightly pressing them down into it while stirring, as that will replace the raw egg with cooked. Sides of frittata will pull away from pan as it cooks.
- Once center is set, loosen frittata from pan. Cover top of pan with a plate and invert onto plate. Gently slide frittata back into pan. Place pan in oven until middle springs back when softly touched, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slide onto plate, and let cool. Slice and serve at desired temperature with additional hot sauce.
- from E.J. Hodgkinson of JCT Kitchen & Bar in Atlanta, GA