- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and honey. Add carrots and toss to thoroughly coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, turning once or twice, 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
- While the carrots are cooking, flavor the milk by combining 6 cups of milk, the vegetable trimmings, 1 teaspoon salt, and a few black peppercorns in a large pot and simmer gently. Strain.
- Add the roasted carrots and puree with an immersion blender. For an extra creamy soup, strain through a fine sieve or chinois. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons milk. Pour soups into bowls and drizzle with goat cheese mixture and fresh thyme.