These crispy brussels sprouts from chef Drew Van Leuvan of Ecco Buckhead, Atlanta, get finished with toasted peanuts, vadouvan curry powder, and apple cider vinegar. The result is fall flavors dancing on a plate.
Serves 3 to 4
6 ounces brussels sprouts
1 ounce peanuts
1/2 tablespoon Vadouvan curry powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar powder
Kosher salt, to taste
- Rinse the brussels sprouts under running water to remove any dirt.
- Split the brussels sprouts in half and reserve.
- Blanche the peanuts in water twice, shocking in water each time.
- Place the blanched peanuts on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Set oven at 350 degrees and toast the peanuts until golden brown in color, then remove and cool.
- Heat blended oil in a fryer or pot with tall-sided until a temperature of 350 degrees is reached.
- Place the prepared brussels in the fryer and cook till crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer and season with salt immediately.
- Add toasted peanuts and a dash of both vadouvan curry and apple cider vinegar powder.
- Created by Drew Van Leuvan, Ecco Buckhead, Atlanta