Makes 2 cocktails
8 lemons, quartered
2 grapefruits, quartered
1 4-inch piece ginger, cut into coins
1 sprig mint
3 sprigs rosemary
1 cup sugar
½ cup cane sugar
1 tablespoon lavender
4 ounces Base Syrup
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces soda water
2 ounces Champagne
Thin lemon twist to garnish
For Base Syrup
For Base Syrup:
- Combine citrus in 1-quart container.
- Fill another 1-quart container with ginger, mint, rosemary, sugar, cane sugar, and lavender.
- Top with hot water and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into 1 large container and let meld for 30 more minutes.
- Strain through fine chinoise into one container. This will make your base syrup.
This cocktail can be made and served individually or as a punch.
For Cocktail (yields 2 drinks):
- Combine first three ingredients in wine glass filled with ice.
- Give a few stirs, then top with Champagne and garnish with lemon twist.
For Punch (yields 10-12 drinks):
- Combine all ingredients in punch bowl with large ice cubes.
- Give a few stirs and garnish by adding thinly sliced lemon wheels to bowl.
- Serve in punch glasses or wine glasses.
- from Chef Amelia Scatena and Chef Bill Scatena of Cannon Green in Charleston, South Carolina