- Place all spa water ingredients in a pitcher or jar and cover with cold water. Leave in the fridge for a few hours, or for as long as you want
- Process or grind fennel in a food processor or meat grinder and place in a 3 quart sauce pan with the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Strain the liquid using a fine mesh sieve, strainer, colander, or some cheese cloth into a 9×13-inch pyrex dish and place the pan in a level spot in your freezer.
- Check every 10 to 15 minutes and stir with the fork to keep it freezing into delightful chips rather than a solid block. Note that the actual time involved will depend on your freezer, attitude, time zone, and humidity levels, so keep this stirring program up until you have a scoopable slushy that will hold its shape.
- Place about ¼ of the spa water into a shallow bowl and sprinkle with a few decorative flowers.
- Scoop some granita slightly off center, drizzle a bit of olive oil around so you have little golden beads in the spa water, and finish with a light dusting of black pepper.