- De-stem the peppers and process in food processor with salt. Place in a sealed container at room temperature for 4−5 days to ferment.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, then add onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves. Caramelize.
- Add in the fermented peppers and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 20−30 minutes. You may need to add water if the solution is too thick or pasty.
- Allow to cool. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Adjust seasonings and blend until you have a Sriracha-like consistency.