Oil, as needed
1 cup sopressata, diced
2 tablespoons sliced garlic,
½ cup English peas, cleaned
½ cup snow peas, cleaned
½ cup snap peas, cleaned
18 clams, cleaned
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
4 tablespoons butter
2 lemons, juiced
½ pound fresh fettuccine
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup pea shoots
- Bring large pot of salted water to a simmer.
- Add oil to sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Add sopressata and render out fat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic, all peas, and clams to pan. Sauté until garlic is caramelized.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce by half. Add stock, butter, and lemon juice. Cover and keep at slow simmer until clams start to open.
- While pan sauce is simmering, bring pot of salted water to full boil and add fettuccine. Cook pasta for about 3 minutes, occasionally stirring to help pasta cook evenly. Test for desired texture before straining.
- Strain pasta and add to sauté pan. Cook all ingredients for 1 minute, or until all clams have opened. Add salt and additional lemon if needed.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with pea shoots.
- from Chef Gottselig in Decatur, Georgia