1½ ounces Smooth Ambler Bourbon
½ ounce amaro (Ramazotti Amaro or Meletti Amaro)
¼ ounce John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum
1½ ounces apple cider
½ ounce Cinnamon Syrup (recipe follows)
¾ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Orange zest for garnish
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
4 cinnamon sticks
broken into large pieces
- Place ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Seal and shake vigorously for 12-15 seconds and strain into an ice-filled Collins glass. Garnish with orange zest.
- Bring all ingredients to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Discard cinnamon sticks, strain into a clean glass jar and cover. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- from Bar Manager Johnny Schaefer of Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails, Jacksonville, FL