- Butter sheet pan and set aside.
- Combine baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract in small dish.
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and butter in medium pot. Stir to combine then place over medium heat. Cook until mixture reaches 350 degrees (use candy thermometer).
- Use silicone spatula to stir in baking soda mixture. Note: Use caution as mixture will bubble and splash.
- Fold in pecans and ginger then pour onto sheet pan. Use offset spatula to evenly distribute brittle over pan. Note: Be careful, mixture is very hot.
- Leave to cool. Once cool, break into pieces. Store in air-tight container.