Make the spicy shrimp crust:
Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Fry shrimp paste, garlic, ginger, and shallots in oil (be careful; it may splatter) until golden brown. Add chili paste and breadcrumbs and stir continuously until breadcrumbs are evenly browned. Remove pan from heat, stir in cilantro, and season to taste with salt. Adjust heat by adding more chili paste, if desired. Set aside.
Make the sticky rice:
Cover rice with water and soak for at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight. Set a pot of water with steamer basket and lid over high heat and bring to a boil. Place soaked rice into steamer basket and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Make the green garlic coconut milk:
Cut tops off green garlic and place in blender with ½ can (8 ounces) coconut milk, reserving garlic bottoms for later. Purée green garlic and coconut milk until smooth. Fold in remaining coconut milk and purée again until fully mixed.
Assemble and serve:
- In a large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat, render bacon with ¼ cup canola oil until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain. Set aside.
- Add green garlic bottoms and turnips to pan, sprinkle lightly with salt, and roast until golden brown and tender, about 6 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Sweat garlic and shallot in oil, about 1 minute, then add sticky rice, followed by chicken stock. Heat rice slowly, stirring often, until heated through and bubbling. Fold in 2 cups of green garlic coconut milk and season to taste with salt.
- Remove roasted vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Increase heat of sauté pan to high, season oysters lightly with salt, and carefully add to hot pan. Let oysters roast about 1 minute, then turn each over and roast for an additional minute. Turn heat to low and add roasted green garlic, turnips, and bacon to pan along with remaining green garlic coconut milk and reserved oyster liquor. Heat pan just until vegetables are warmed through, about 4 minutes.
- To finish, divide sticky rice between six bowls, top each with a few oysters, turnips, and green garlic pieces, and some green garlic sauce. Sprinkle each bowl liberally with spicy shrimp crust and serve hot.