- Add yogurt to a small bowl and, using a microplane, grate garlic clove into bowl. Zest lemon, setting lemon aside for later use. Add zest and salt to bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- If using a charcoal grill, place a mix of natural charcoal and pecan, apple, or hickory wood onto bottom grate and light. Let flames flare up and die down, about 20 minutes. If using a gas grill, heat to medium-high.
- Arrange okra pods side by side on work surface with all tips facing same direction. Holding pods in place with one hand, thread skewer about ½-inch from top of each, leaving at least 1-2 inches on either side of skewer. Thread a second skewer about ½-inch from bottom of each pod. Repeat with more skewers until all pods are secured.
Chef Tip /// A vegetable grill basket will keep okra from rolling around and slipping through the grates, but this double-skewer method works just as well.
- Brush okra “ladders” on both sides with peanut oil; sprinkle evenly with kosher salt and place on hot grill. Grill until pods begin to brown, about 2-3 minutes; flip and grill on other side.
- Spread yogurt across a plate or platter. Remove okra from skewers and arrange over top, garnishing with, peanuts and fresh mint. Squeeze fresh lemon juic over top, then dust with cumin and chile flakes.