A powdery Christmas confection filled with tasty Southern pecans from Chef Wim Miree of Ollie Irene in Birmingham, Alabama.
36 bite-sized cookies
- Mix butter and honey together in electric mixer using paddle attachment.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla, and pecans; mix to combine.
- Chill dough (covered) for at least 1−2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto nonstick cookie sheet; space 1−2 inches apart. Shape balls into crescents.
- Bake 35 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool slightly and roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Allow to cool fully, then re-roll in powdered sugar.
Note: The honey pecan cookie dough can be done a week in advance of baking, kept in the fridge.
- from Chef Wim Miree of Ollie Irene in Birmingham, Alabama