- Rinse and dry the pork butt, cut into fist-sized chunks.
- Preheat a Dutch oven over high heat.
- Add lard and allow to heat. Add pork pieces one at a time being very careful not to splatter oil. The meat should be completely covered with the lard. This step is very important to sear the meat and give it a nice golden brown color.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes. Add beer, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Blend together water, spices, garlic, guajillo pepper, and salt; add to the meat.
- Lower temperature to medium-low, and cook uncovered for 2.5 to 3 hours or until meat is fork-tender and golden brown.
- Remove meat from Dutch oven and shred with two forks. Enjoy while hot!
To serve: Heat tortillas and place all ingredients out for making tacos! Place meat in taco and top with onions, cilantro, radishes, and a squeeze of lime juice and your favorite salsa.