2 oz Mt Gay Infused Rum (fresh lemongrass & ginger)
.5 oz velvet falernum
1 oz fresh orange juice
1 oz fresh lemon juice
750 mL bottle of white rum
2 lemongrass stalks
1 1-inch piece of ginger
1L air-tight container
For Infused Rum
For Infused Rum:
- Remove the outer leaves of the lemongrass stalks and chop into short pieces. Peel and wash the knob of ginger.
- Pour 750ml of your desired white rum into a large, air-tight container (mason jars work well) over the lemongrass and ginger.
- Let infusion sit in a cool, dry place or refrigerator for 2 weeks being sure to taste periodically. Every 3-5 days, shake the mixture to assist infusion.
- Add all ingredients except for ginger beer to shaker with crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously, strain into glass and top with ginger beer.
- Add lemon wheel for garnish if desired.
- Recipe by Jeff Chaffin of Cane Rhum Bar & Caribbean Kitchen in Charleston, SC