- Place shrimp and olive oil in a large Ziploc bag and shake to coat. Add jerk spice mixture and shake again to coat thoroughly. (Note: It’s not necessary to let the shrimp marinate, but let them sit at this point while making the side components since they cook so quickly.)
- Thread shrimp and pineapple cubes onto bamboo skewers (that have been soaked in warm water) about six or so shrimp per skewer.
- Grill shrimp skewers over medium-high heat while brushing with the rum and brown sugar glaze for 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
New Orleans Rum and Brown Sugar Glaze
- In a small saucepot, combine lime juice, rum, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with water and bring back to a simmer while continuously whisking. Glaze should simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.