Broken Green Goddess Dressing
- For the octopus, place a large saucepot filled ¾ with water on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Keep a large pan or bowl of ice water nearby.
- Using tongs, plunge the octopus into the boiling water then immediately into the ice water, repeating 3 times. Place the octopus back into the boiling water, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour, depending on the size of the octopus. Once tender, remove from the water and allow the octopus to come to room temperature, and then chill. Cut the tentacles into ¼-inch slices and discard the body.
- For the shrimp, place a medium-size saucepan filled ¾ with water over high heat. Add the Old Bay and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute, then remove. Place on a plate or baking sheet and cool to room temperature. Peel and devein the shrimp. Place the shrimp in a cooler.
- Brush the scallops and calamari bodies with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until desired doneness.
Place the herbs in a blender and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Purée until smooth. Place the purée into a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice and the remaining ¼ cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Put carrots in pot with enough water to cover and cook until soft. Strain and place in a blender. Add lemon juice, cumin, and honey. Season with salt, and purée until smooth.
- To serve, spoon a little carrot purée onto each plate, place the seafood over and around the purée, and spoon some green goddess over and around the seafood. Garnish with carrot shavings if desired.