- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Do not brown. Reserve.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, do not let brown.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes to thicken.
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, celery and peas to the pot and slowly simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour filling into a deep dish pie pan.
- For topping, prepare Kevin Gillespies biscuit dough to the rolling stage (step #4) and then begin pot pie directions here.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour. Scrape dough onto floured surface, gather into a ball, and gently knead with the palms of your hands about 10 times, just enough to form a cohesive ball. Sprinkle a little more flour onto dough and gently roll or pat into a rectangle with an even ½-inch thickness. Sprinkle dough with cheddar cheese and roll into a roulade.
- Place dough into refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm and then slice into ½ inch slices.
- Top filling with a layer of biscuits. Place pot pie on a sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, approximately 35 minutes. Bake the leftover biscuits to serve or freeze tightly wrapped for up to 2 weeks.