- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until almost cooked, then drain.
- For sauce, bring wine and water to a boil. Whisk in sodium citrate, and then whisk in cheddar, comté and fontina cheeses. Continue to whisk, adding cream. Return to a boil.
- Add sugar to sauce, and stir to combine. Add cooked macaroni, and stir. Once pasta is fully coated, add half of panko mixture. Fill your chosen vessels.
- Top each container with the remaining panko mixture and broil until golden brown. Garnish with panko and serve.
- Melt clarified butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add bread crumbs to pan and toast, stirring constantly until golden brown.
- Remove Panko from pan, and place on parchment-lined sheet tray. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine bread crumbs, chopped parsley, and parmesan. Combine with remaining cheeses to finish and divide.
Chef Note: Pasta mixture can be refrigerated until ready to serve. After refrigerating, bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, remove from oven to add remaining cheese and panko topping, and then bake again for 15 minutes.