- Make the spice blend: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Make the mac and cheese: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, toss macaroni with 1 tablespoon seasoning mixture and 1 cup cheddar. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add flour, stirring to form a roux. Continue to stir for 1 to 2 more minutes. Reduce heat to low and slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Once milk is incorporated, increase heat and bring sauce to a boil for 1 minute, then cook over medium heat for 2 more minutes.
- Add cream cheese and american cheese in batches, stirring after each addition until cheese has melted into sauce. Add 1½ cups of the cheddar, stirring to incorporate. Remove from heat and season to taste with remaining spice blend. Using a fork, whip eggs. Add to sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Spread macaroni evenly into a buttered 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour cheese sauce evenly over top. Top with remaining cup of cheddar and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes for a browned cheese crust. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.