- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add flour and sugar. Mix in vanilla and bourbon. In separate bowl, whisk yeast into eggs and milk.
- Add to flour mixture. Mix for 3-4 minutes on low speed, adding butter in thirds (at beginning, middle, and end). After each addition, allow butter to incorporate
evenly before adding more.
- Pour batter into 9×5 buttered loaf pan. Let proof at room temperature for 1 hour, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix slowly and reserve.
- Combine brandy, sugar, and water in small pot. Bring to gentle boil.
- Stack peach halves in Mason jar. Pour hot liquid over peaches. Cover tightly with lid.
- Place in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and can for 20 minutes. Let cool and store in cool, dry place.
- Let mascarpone come to room temperature in mixing bowl.
- Whip mascarpone until slightly fluffy, then add diced peaches.
- Combine eggs, milk, and buttermilk in mixing bowl then whisk thoroughly. Season with salt, cinnamon, and turbinado sugar.
Smoked Butter or Cultured “Kerry Gold” Butter
- Place chips in metal bowl. Set chips on fire with torch and let burn until coals begin to appear.
- Fill deep casserole dish ¼ full with ice. Place butter in shallow dish that will fit in casserole dish. Place it over ice.
- Pour smoldering chips onto exposed ice, then cover both pans with aluminum foil to trap smoke. Smoke 5 minutes, uncover, and whip butter in mixer until smooth.
- Cut brioche into 8 ½-inch sandwich slices. Dredge slices in egg wash.
- Heat skillet over medium or medium-high heat and slowly cook slices with plenty of butter until toasted, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board.
- Spread 4 slices evenly with whipped mascarpone and peaches. Top with other 4 slices. Remove to plate and top with smoked butter and drizzle with maple bourbon syrup.
CHECK OUT MORE FRENCH TOAST /// Cakes & Ale French Toast