1½ ounces Barr Hill gin
¾ ounce Lillet Rose
½ ounce Contratto white vermouth
¼ ounce cabernet verjus
¼ ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
4 dashes Scrappy’s grapefruit bitters
Fresh grapefruit peel
10 ounces honey
3 ounces water, warm
- Pour all ingredients except grapefruit peel in a shaker filled with cubed ice and stir.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Express the oils from a fresh grapefruit peel over the surface and discard.
- Combine honey and water. Stir to disssolve honey.
- Chill before use then store in refrigerator.
- from Cocktail King Miles Macquarrie of Kimball House in Decatur, GA