Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Measure chocolate into a mixing bowl. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Pour melted butter over the dark chocolate. Allow to stand for one minute. Stir butter and chocolate until combined.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- Place chocolate in mixing bowl. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over low heat. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Allow to stand for one minute and stir until chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Layer phyllo dough in 4 x 4-inch squares with butter between each layer (about 8 layers total).
- Scoop the chocolate cake mixture in the center of the phyllo square. Then add a small scoop of ganache on top. Finish with more chocolate cake mix. Gather together the edges of the Phyllo square making a small “purse.” Tie up with butcher’s twine.
- Bake purse in oven for 5−8 minutes or until phyllo has a nice golden brown color.