4 small Yukon Gold potatoes,Olive oil as needed
½ cup sliced oyster mushrooms
¼ cup caramelized onions
¼ cup julienned roasted peppers
½ cup cooked chorizo,Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup shredded provolone
2 farm eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On small baking sheet, spread thick layer of kosher salt. Place Yukon Gold potatoes on salt layer, then place in oven. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool.
- Bring small sauté pan to medium-high heat, then add approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add mushrooms and cook until brown and crispy on outside.
- Add caramelized onions, roasted peppers, and chorizo to pan and warm ingredients through.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup olive oil into another shallow sauté pan and bring to medium-high heat. Smash cooled Yukon Gold potatoes by hand and fry in olive oil until crispy on outside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add fried potatoes and fresh parsley to chorizo mix and toss in sauté pan until everything is evenly combined.
- Top “skillet” with provolone cheese and place in oven until cheese is completely melted. Once cheese is melted on skillet transfer ingredients to plate or just serve in sauté pan.
- Top with over-easy fried egg and lots of freshly cut chives to finish.
- From Chef Jacques Larson of The Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina