This cocktail, served at Lyla Lila in Atlanta, upgrades the traditional dirty martini by using an olive oil wash in the place of brine. The resulting cocktail is silkier, smoother, and more complex in its texture. Use with your preferred gin or vodka. If you want to enhance the flavors even more, you could try adding citrus peels to it or even herbs.
4 cups gin or vodka
2 ounces olive oil
Peels from 4 oranges
Peels from 2 lemons
2 ounces citrus-and-olive oil washed spirit
½ Mata Bianco vermouth
½ ounce Dolin Dry vermouth
2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish with lemon peel and olive
Olive Oil Infused Spirit
Stop Making Sense Build
Make the spirit
- Combine all ingredients into a quart container. Stir or shake well to incorporate olive oil into the spirit. Allow to infuse overnight.
- Place the container in the fridge (or freezer) and allow olive oil to solidify.
- Strain liquor off the fat cap and citrus peels and store in a new container.
Build the Stop Making Sense
- In a shaker tin, combine ingredients and add ice. Stir well and strain into a coupe.
- Created by Alex Brashears of Lyla Lila, Atlanta