- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Tear panettone into cubes and place in greased baking pan.
- Pour chilled anglaise over panettone cubes.
- Use hands to combine mixture, squeezing anglaise into panettone.
- Place in oven, and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of gelato and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Heat cream to 140 degrees in large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla paste until slightly pale.
- Slowly incorporate heavy cream into yolks to temper while whisking constantly. Be careful not to pour too quickly or hot cream will curdle eggs.
- Let cool, whisking occasionally.