Peruvian Chicken Biscuits
- Marinate chicken in chicken marinade for 4−24 hours prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place marinated chicken in oven on a greased baking pan.
- While the chicken is baking prepare verde sauce.
- Make biscuits and bake with chicken breast. (Depending upon the thickness of the chicken breast, the cooking time could be between 10−20 minutes; be careful not to overcook the chicken. Biscuit baking time is 8−10 minutes, so plan accordingly).
- Slice biscuits and chicken breasts in half. Place cooked chicken, lettuce, and verde sauce on biscuit bottom. Top with biscuit top.
- Combine ingredients in a quart-size zip lock freezer bag.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chilled shortening into flour in a large mixing bowl. Add just enough buttermilk to form dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly.
- Roll out in a rectangle shape ½ inch thick. Spread verde sauce onto dough. Roll up dough jelly roll style. Using a sharp knife trim the ends. Cut biscuit roll into 6 biscuits.
- Place on a greased cooking sheet. Bake 8−10 minutes.