- In a mixing bowl, whip together peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
- Pour cream into a second mixing bowl or stand mixer. Whip cream with vanilla bean seeds to stiff peaks.
- Fill bottom of double boiler with water and place on medium-high heat on the stove. Place egg yolks in top of double boiler and lightly temper egg yolks until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let come to room temperature.
- Fold eggs into peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream with peanut butter mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into prepared Oreo pie shell. Top with peanuts and shaved chocolate. Place in freezer for 2 hours. Use a warm knife to serve.
- from Chef Daniel Doyle of Poogan's Porch in Charleston, SC