- Preheat grill to glowing hot. Brush the green onions with olive oil, giving them a light, even coating. Place on the grill to char, turning as needed.
- Once the green onions have a nice char, remove them and place them on a sheet of foil, squeeze the lime juice over the onions, then season with salt. Wrap in foil for 5-10 minutes, until the onions are tender and cool, and dice them.
- Spray a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Add the cheeses and green onions and mix together until combined.
- Place the skillet with the cheese mixture on the grill and cover with a lid for 5 minutes. Check periodically during this time depending on the heat of your grill. When the cheese is melted and bubbly, remove from heat.
- Spoon cheese onto hot tortillas, add your favorite salsa and enjoy!
Additions: Add cooked chorizo before melting. Or make it boozy by pouring on a shot of tequila once the cheese is melted and off the grill. Light it on fire to make Queso Flameado!