6 large scones
10 ounces all-purpose flour
3.4 ounces sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 ¼ cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Additional cream and sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Add vanilla to cream.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and fennel seeds.
- With mixer running on slow speed add about half of the cream mixture. Turn off mixer and add raisins.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and continue adding remaining cream.
- Mix until all dries are picked up, adding a splash of additional cream if necessary.
- Turn dough out onto floured cutting board and shape into disk. Brush with melted butter and cut into 6 triangles.
- Place scones on a baking sheet with parchment. Brush scones with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Note: Scone dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight.
- from Dozen Bakery, Nashville, TN