Food Culture of the South
Makes 30 cocktails
1 bottle Japanese Whisky (Suntory Toki recommended)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 bottle Choya Umeshu Plum Wine
2 tablespoons Black Tea Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
6½ ounces water
Garnish: dehydrated orange wheels
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl and stir slowly.
- Serve over ice with dehydrated orange wheel.
Black Tea Simple Syrup Recipe:
5 black tea bags
1/8 cup hot hater
1/8 cup sugar
- Let tea bags steep in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove bags and discard.
- Stir in sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Let syrup cool completely before using it in a cocktail.
- By Abbey Sanders of Southbound, Chamblee, Georgia