- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with cast iron pan inside for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut broccoli head into florets about 2 inches in size and slice florets in half.
- In a mixing bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil to coat evenly.
- Add broccoli to heated cast iron pan and place in oven. Make sure broccoli is spread out evenly in pan and pan is big enough not to crowd broccoli. Roast in oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Broccoli should be golden brown and edges should be crispy to the touch. Let cool on stovetop for 2 minutes.
- Add butter and fish sauce, tossing to coat broccoli evenly. Add julienned preserved lemon to broccoli. Toss together and place in bowl.
- Garnish with sea salt, a sprinkle of pepper, and a few mint leaves.
- Scrub all lemons under cold running water. Cut 6 lemons in half and juice into bowl. Set juice aside.
- Slice remaining 6 lemons from top to bottom, stopping ½ inch short of bottom. Turn ¼ turn and slice again, leaving 4 lemon segments attached at base.
- Place salt and sliced lemons in a bowl, thoroughly packing salt into lemons.
- Pack the salted lemons and bay leaves into clean canning jar.
- Pour reserved lemon juice into jar to cover. Seal with lid.
- Place covered jar in a cool dark place for at least two weeks and up to one month before using. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to six months. Great with chicken, pasta dishes, and with fresh salads.