- In a large pot, heat the eight brine ingredients to dissolve the salt and sugar. Do not add pork to brine while it is hot. Allow brine to cool fully.
- Place pork in brine for 12−18 hours. Remove and pat pork dry with paper towels.
- Wrap pork in caul fat and season the wrapped loin with kosher salt and pepper. In a very hot pan, sear wrapped loin on all sides.
- Place pan in a preheated 350-degree oven, turning every 15 minutes. Cook to internal temperature of 145 degrees, approximately 25−30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow pork loin to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
*Your butcher can provide caul fat. The caul retains moisture and adds awesome pork flavor to your dish. It will actually baste the loin as it roasts! But if you don’t have caul fat, you can baste the pork loin with butter throughout roasting.