4 to 6 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 whole chicken, cut into thigh, leg, breast, and wing pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
6 small potatoes, quartered
2 cups pearl or cippoline onions, peeled
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup whole prunes, pitted
1 cup white wine
½ cup green olives
½ cup Kalamata olives
2 sprigs rosemary
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown in oil on all sides and remove from pan.
- Add potatoes to same pan and brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add onions, garlic, and prunes and cook until onions are lightly colored, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up all the caramelized bits stuck to the bottom and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pan along with olives, rosemary, and stock. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes, onions, and prunes begin to break down slightly and make a sticky sauce coating the chicken. Serve garnished with parsley.
- From Alex Harrell of Sylvain, New Orleans, Louisiana