- Place sweet potato with heavy cream in a large pot set over medium-high heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Once tender, drain potatoes from liquid (reserving some) and place in standing mixer. Mix until a smooth purée, adding back liquid as needed.
- Add sorghum to potato purée. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside.
- To standing mixer bowl, add pomelo juice and mascarpone cheese. Whip until smooth. Set aside.
- Roast carrots over hot coals until they begin to char. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To serve, place sweet potato purée on platter and place carrots around the purée. Add dollops of mascarpone cheese and finish with slices of Sichuan sausage.