3 cups heavy cream,
2 teaspoons vanilla paste,
1 cup white chocolate
2 cups milk,
5 tablespoons butter
½ cup sugar,
1 teaspoon vanilla paste,
1 ½ tablespoons crème de banane,
4 ounces egg yolks,
4 tablespoons cornstarch,
2 bananas, thinly sliced
½ cup butter, melted,
3 cups Nilla Wafers, crushed
- For Vanilla Chantilly cream, bring cream and vanilla paste to a boil in a saucepan. Pour mixture over white chocolate to melt. Cool mixture overnight.
- For filling, boil milk, butter, sugar, vanilla, and crème. Temper in yolks and cornstarch. Bring mixture back to a boil. Strain and cool.
- For crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, add melted butter to the crushed wafers. Push crushed cookie mixture evenly into a pie pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, layer the sliced banana in the bottom and top with filling.
- Whip cooled Chantilly cream mixture to form soft peaks. Top filled pie evenly with Chantilly. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- from the kitchen of Southern Art in Atlanta, Georgia