- In a 12-inch sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden (we call this blooming).
- Immediately start cooking the spaghetti. Cook until slightly under al dente. Strain pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Drop a few ounces of the spaghetti and a little bit of pasta water into the garlic-infused oil. Continue to cook until the pasta water and oil start to form an emulsion.
- Remove pan from the heat and add chili flakes, remaining oil, lemon juice, and zest. Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Divide among 4 plates and garnish with freshly grated bottarga.