- In a 300-degree oven, slow roast the shallots with a bit of butter and salt and pepper for about 20 minutes until golden brown and soft. After roasting, julienne the shallots.
- While the shallots are roasting, cook the bacon until crisp, drain, and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the arugula, apples, and shallots together with some of the lemon-white balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Divide salad among 4 plates.
- Place the Grayson cheese and bacon evenly amongst the plates.
- Drizzle some sorghum molasses around each salad. Garnish with marigold flowers.
For Lemon-White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Juice the lemons and add equal part white balsamic vinegar.
- Add the mustard, honey, shallots, and garlic.
- In a blender (I prefer Vitamix), begin slowly blending the grapeseed oil into the lemon-vinegar mixture.
- After the vinaigrette is emulsified, stir in herbs.
DO NOT BLEND or it will turn green.