3 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sliced peaches in a 1 ½ quart baking dish. Sprinkle the lemon juice all over the peaches and stir gently to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and egg. Stir until the egg is broken up and the mixture is somewhat lumpy (it will be very dry).
- Spread the mixture on top of the peaches. Melt the butter and pour it over the top of the flour mixture; do not stir.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
- from “South Carolina Always in Season: A Recipe Collection” by Ann Burger