8–10 servings as side dish
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
2 teaspoons chopped, fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
5 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2½ cups water
2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1½ cups farro
4 ears corn, husked
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 cups micro greens or baby arugula
- Make the vinaigrette: Place ingredients in mason or jam jar and shake until combined. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Make the salad: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In large stockpot, bring water and stock to boil.
- Stir in farro and 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until farro is tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While farro is cooking, brush corn with oil and season with salt. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Allow corn to cool and cut off cob.
- Toss farro in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Stir in corn, bell pepper, zucchini, and greens. Toss with additional dressing if needed and serve
at room temperature.
Recipe ByGena Knox, author of Southern My Way, Athens, Georgia