Sweet Potato Panna Cotta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potato on sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and bake until sweet potato is fork tender and skin peels off without sticking to potato, approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove potato from oven and remove peel. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- In small pot combine heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place pot over medium-high heat, stir frequently to dissolve sugar and prevent scorching.
- While heavy cream mixture is heating, place ice cold water in small bowl. Separate 3 gelatin sheets and place in water, one by one. Allow gelatin to sit in water for 5 minutes or until it has become soft and pliable.
- Once sugar is completely dissolved in heavy cream mixture, remove vanilla bean.
- Remove pot from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water from gelatin sheets, and whisk them into heavy cream mixture.
- Place sweet potato and heavy cream mixture in blender and blend until mixture is completely smooth. Pour this smooth through fine mesh strainer and then pour into pitcher.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or smaller cocktail glasses, making sure to leave enough room in each glass to garnish with the Spiced Sorghum Goat Cheese Whip and Hazelnut Crunch.
- Place the glasses into refrigerator, allowing them to set up overnight.
Spiced Sorghum, Goat Cheese Whip
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Whisk together by hand or in kitchen aid mixer, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Place hazelnuts and malted milk balls in plastic Ziploc bag.
- Seal bag and crush hazelnuts and malted milk balls with heavy bottom pan.
- Top Panna Cotta with dollop of Sorghum Goat Cheese Whip and 2 tablespoons of the Hazelnut Crunch.