2 cups sugar
3 pints milk
1 pint brandy
1 pint light rum
1 pint heavy cream
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until thick. Pour milk into saucepan and put on medium-low heat. Stir slowly and gently scald the milk (bring up just below a boil). Take the milk off the heat and temper it with the egg and sugar mixture (add the mixture slowly to the hot liquid, stirring constantly).
- Slowly stir in the brandy, rum, and cream.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and pour into a punch bowl.
- Grate a little nutmeg on top and serve
- from The Local Palate Test Kitchen