4 large vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
1 large cucumber, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
3 oz red wine vinegar
8 oz olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- After it marinades in refrigerator, puree until smooth and strain through a chinoise or fine mesh strainer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a chilled dish and drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chiffonade basil.
- From Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia