1 batch Tomatoes in Vinaigrette
Extra virgin olive oil
6 5-ounce pieces of cod at room temperature
1 bunch asparagus
¼ cup whipped cream
- When tomatoes are ready, turn broiler to high and cover sheet tray with aluminum foil. Drizzle foil with oil to prevent sticking.
- Season cod on each side with salt and set aside. Meanwhile, trim about 1 inch off bottom of asparagus spears and discard. Coat remaining asparagus in oil and salt to taste.
- Strain off liquid from tomatoes and fold in whipped cream to make sauce.
- Place asparagus under broiler until just tender, 4-5 minutes. When done, remove from tray and keep warm. Save tray for fish.
- Place fish on tray, adding more oil if needed. Broil 4-5 minutes, until just cooked.
- To serve, spoon tomatoes into center of each plate, top with asparagus, and then broiled cod. Drizzle with creamed tomato vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley.
- from Chef Rene de Leon of Le Sel in Nashville, Tennessee