10 ounces yellowfin tuna,
2 ounce Soy Caramel
½ ounce lime juice
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
10–15 large cilantro leaves
Sesame seeds for garnish
4 cups soy sauce
1¼ cups brown sugar
2 ounces Sriracha sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2½ teaspoons fish sauce
½ cup honey
- Using very sharp knife, finely dice tuna into ½-inch cubes.
- In medium bowl, combine Soy Caramel, lime juice, and Sriracha. Add tuna and carefully fold together until tuna is evenly coated.
- Finely chiffonade cilantro and gently fold into mixture. Transfer to small bowl, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve at once.
- Place ingredients in tall pot over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to simmer. Reduce mixture by one-third, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
Yield: 4 cups
“I love the simplicity and straightforwardness of what these guys do, and this dish exemplifies that.“
—Rooks Reitz, Owner Jack Rudy, Co-Owner Leon’s and Saint Alban
- from Chef Jesse Sandole of 167 Raw of Charleston, South Carolina