1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
¼ cup Vietnamese fish sauce (Red Boat is recommended or soy sauce can be substituted)
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoons Chili paste (Sambal Oelek Brand suggested)
4 red chilies, or red jalapenos sliced finely with seeds
½ cup unsalted peanuts, roasted and chopped
1 tablespoon black pepper
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees.
- Throughly mix all ingredients except Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl to evenly distribute the spice from the chilies and the honey.
- Add trimmed and pulled Brussels sprouts to the bowl, and mix well evenly to coat.
- Transfer to a foil-lined roasting pan, and bake for 20 minutes until Brussels sprouts show caramelized (brown) tips and maintain green cores.
- Transfer to serving bowl, and enjoy.
- from chefs Braden Wages & Yasmin Wages of Malai Kitchen in Dallas, TX