Try making the delious, vivacious spring burrata. Spring calls for pickled rhubarb, cherries, and the storied serviceberries. On the menu at Barn8, this dish is aptly named “cherries + berries burrata.” Use cherries in a new way to help sweeten the salad alongside the rhubarb.
2 tablespoons Montmorency cherrie
2 tablespoons serviceberries
2 tablespoons pickled rhubarb
Fresh herbs, chopped
4-ounce ball of fresh burrata
Smoked Maldon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- On a platter, scatter 2 tablespoons each Montmorency cherries, fresh serviceberries, pickled rhubarb, and chopped fresh herbs (use what you have on hand).
- Tear a 4-ounce ball of fresh burrata in half and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle herb oil, vinegar, and white shoyu on top.
- Finish with smoked Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Recipe by Barn8, Louisville, Kentucky