3 Fuji apples, cored and halved.
4 cups apple cider
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
Chimay Grand Reserve Strong Ale or other dark Belgian ale
- Season apples with cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Add apples with to medium sauce pan with cider and simmer until tender.
- Remove apples from sauce pan and puree and strain into remaining cider from roasting.
- Combine 1 part apple mixture with 1 part Madeira and 4 parts dark Belgian ale.
- Warm and serve with a cinnamon stick garnish.
- The Thoroughbred Club in Charleston, South Carolina