- Preheat oven to 375.
- For stew, combine onion, garlic, ginger, paprika, turmeric, cumin, coriander, serrano pepper, and maple syrup in a food processor, and pulse until combined and the onion and garlic have been pureed.
- In a large saucepan, heat peanut oil. Add in paste, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add in sweet potato, collard greens, crushed tomatoes, broth, peanut butter, and salt and stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add in lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- While the stew simmers, place chicken, oils, lemon, shallot, salt, and pepper in an oven-proof pan, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, checking the temperature of the chicken after 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oil. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken, skin side down to get the skin nice and crispy.
Ladle stew into large bowls, and make a mound of rice on top of each. Lean the chicken against the rice and top with cherry tomatoes, green onions, basil, cilantro, and peanuts. Enjoy!